Letterpressing

18:00

This was my piece of writing I set at Hand and Eye. After learning and practising dissing I chose Gill Sans pt 8 and set the above text. Something that I thought would be easy to do, but soon found out it is extremely complex. It was probably over 10 attempts before I satisfactorily had completed the setting, only to find that after to showing it to many people there were loads of mistakes! Some Gill Light had manged to get into the Gill Sans tray and I forgot to space the CAPITAL letters (just a few of my mistakes!). Also the spacing I found difficult to get just perfect, some lines would be tight, while others would be wobbly. Even now you can see that there are two different types of 1's in the font, but I like imperfection. Definitely learnt a lot and was a great experience!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram @meganhbentley